Are you interested in creating your awesome life? Then, wouldn’t NOW be a good time to begin doing some things differently?
Even though it goes without saying, I’m going to say it anyway.
When you do what you’ve always done, you get what you’ve always gotten.
When you want something different, then do something different.
Is there something that you know would be useful to do? Maybe it’s something you’ve been putting off for a long time. Do you feel like a broken record, saying over and over again how you still need to get that done? Well, then, wouldn’t NOW be a good time to begin doing it?
- What’s the current state of the situation you’d like to change?
- What is the desired outcome?
- How well does the current situation serve me or others involved?
- Would I, or others, be better served by something different?
- Am I doing everything I can to create a better situation?
- What one thing could I do, today, to begin creating the change?
Here’s a bit of an example from my own life. I’ve been talking for a long time about a coaching product that I wanted to create and sell. So, it’s been on my mind for about a year, now, and I’ve kept putting it on the back burner. This is how I’ve used the questions above to help me move forward.
- My current state was “no progress” and yet a strong belief that it was a valuable product
- Desired outcome is to have people using the product to help them with inspiration, attitude and motivation
- Having the product lay dormant serves no one, neither me or any of its possible users
- I, and potential users, would be better served by having the product available for use. It can make a difference in people’s lives, so, yes, hopefully many people are better served when this product is available
- Am I doing everything I can to create this product? Well, since it waited for about a year before I really made good progress, I’d say “No”. However, since going through the process of evaluating how much better I could be serving others, I have made very good progress.
- What one thing could I do, today? I have already begun making progress. Yet, there are still activities that need to be worked on. So, yes, there is something I can do, today. I am working on getting the payment page set up.
I know that this questioning process helps me move forward and sometimes even get “unstuck”. It’s also something I often use with my coaching clients when they are stuck or need a push of positive progress.
Find something that you’re tired of having on your list or in your life. Ask yourself these questions to see if you might get an insight that propels you forward. You might be surprised!
Watch for the new coaching product that I plan to launch soon.