Besides the facts that they are all men and are all successful, here’s what they have in common.
“Give so much value that you’ve think you’ve gone too far and then give more.”–Michael Port
“Lagniappe is a French Cajun word that means ‘beyond full measure’ or ‘to give a little extra.'”–Roger Crawford
“The First Law of Stratospheric Success–The Law of Value–Your true worth is determined by how much more you give in value than you take in payment.”–Bob Burg and John David Mann
They each understand the idea that in order to be successful in life and in business, we need to remember to give more in value than we receive in payment.
When you are shopping for a service or product, are you looking to get as much value for your money as you can? Most likely, you answered “yes”. Since that is what you want, you can imagine that your clients want the same thing.
Giving more value or giving a little extra is something that can often be accomplished with very little to no extra cost to you. Here are some examples:
- remember your client’s name and a few details about their family or life
- send a birthday card
- give a referral bonus when a client sends you a new client, such as a discount on their next service or a free gift from your store
- send them a card to highlight a special moment in their life
- make sure that every touchpoint with a staff member is exceptional
- appreciate something about them each time you see them
1. Look at your current products and services and see if you can give more value “until you think you’ve gone too far”
2. Where can you practice lagniappe–give a little extra?
3. Who do you know that is a go-giver? Send them a go-giver award at the go-giver award website.
Check out these books in my Amazon store and visit their websites for their blogs or newsletters.